Contemporary Modern Fire Pits
Fire Pit Considerations
The flickering glow of a fire adds atmosphere and warmth to any outdoor space.
It brings people together and puts you in a state of serenity whilst looking at the flames. Solus hand-cast concrete modern fire pits are contemporary versions of traditional, wood burning fire pits, but instead, use convenient and clean-burning fuels. Unlike wood, with a Solus fire pit, there is no smoke, no mess and no risk of sparks that can cause fires.
Designed, cast, assembled and tested for certification in our Vancouver location.
We burn test our gas fire pits before they leave our building. We are a fully certified shop which means we test each and every fire pit and are monitored by an independent laboratory for CSA. ANSI, UKCA and CE standards. We photograph our products before they go in the crate – we take exceptional care to ensure our firepits look exceptional when they arrive to the customer just like they do in our photos.
Cast in twelve colours and have a smooth and polished surface which is analogous to well-worn leather.
Solus modern firepits are made of exceptional ultra high performance concrete, a distinctive surface which is renowned for its modern, minimal detailing and its depth of colour. Its unique surface gives the concrete a substantial and organic feel. Our concrete is meant to last many Canadian winters and in fact we have original concrete firebowls still working and in field after, 8 12 and even 18 years – how do we know this – our clients phone needing an all weather cover and tell us their Solus firebowl still works and they love it – now that is an investment you can count on. One recent fire bowl owner commented that his fire bowl looked exactly the same as it did 8 years ago when he bought it.
Our goal is to create simple, elegant designs that celebrate our material qualities.
All of our fire pits are designed and made with care to be functional, beautiful and to last a lifetime. We stand behind the quality of each piece that we make with the best warranty in the business. We also carry a complete line of firepit accessories including drinks rings, conversion tables and all-weather covers. We believe fire pits should not only be beautiful but functional and built to last.
Solus Fire Box – The quality of Solus products is outstanding and the workmanship is very refined.
My client was very pleased with their firebox and the quick turn around from order placement to delivery. The staff members that I dealt with were very helpful, pleasant and professional. Kris Roath was particularly lovely to work with, always on top of what needed to be done.
Lin Heppner – Designer Art and Commerce Design Inc
The Solus Collection of Fire Pits, Fire Bowls & Fire Tables
- Hemi is a series of perfectly round fire bowls (26″, 36″ and 48″). These modern fire pits have substance, style and make any outdoor space more exciting with the fire both on and off. There are twelve different colours and numerous table options.
- The Halo fire pit is a square (36″ and 48″) with curves. Its inner curves reflect the flame and bring warmth and light to your outdoors. It is available in two elevations and three fuel possibilities, including NG (natural gas), LPG (liquid propane gas), and ethanol ( the UK and Europe only ).The tabletop of the low halo hovers at 5 inches off the ground. The Elevated Halo is the perfect coffee table height.
- The firebox is our minimalist fire pit. A perfect square of 30″ will suit any modern outdoor space. Available with accessory tables.
- The Luna 42 fire bowl is a modern fire pit with smooth magnificent and substantive flair. It is truly “voluptuous” with a sculpted bottom quite different than our Hemi fire bowl series
- The fire table is our rectilinear fire pit that is suited for any space seeking to mimic the long lines in sofas that are so popular in larger outdoor spaces. Its sleek look and ample size is great for larger groups to gather around the fire.
- The Tavolo is our latest spin on firetable design. Modern, clean with an offset burner and a large table surface on one end. Multi functional and built in the inimitable Solus firepit style.
- Our linear fire pit which comes as a single or double stack. Excellent visual anchor for any large space, and can be used as an end piece or to divide the space. At 108,000 BTUs, it will also keep the space warm at any time of the year. At 72″ long, and truly is a knockout for larger commercial and residential applications.
Certification and Durability
All of our natural gas and propane fire pits are certified for use in North America, the UK, Europe, Caribbean, Asia and the Middle East. Suitable for residential and commercial installations. Our fire pit burners are designed, assembled by Solus and tested before they are shipped. Random audits of our certification procedures are done to ensure compliance with international certification laboratories.
Each of our outdoor fire pits comes with an incredible warranty – known to be the best in the business – with the addition of an all-weather cover, or all metal tabletop to keep the rain off. Our concrete is cast and hand finished in Vancouver, Canada. Solus fire pits are made from the highest quality ultra-high performance concrete, brass, stainless steel, aluminum and thermoplast components and are built to withstand North American winters. They will weather gracefully and last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.