Refractory concrete river stones add visual interest and functionality.
River stones are visually compelling. Added, in place of lava rock, as a full surface topping they change the character of each fire pit. The repeating forms and varied tones of the stones provide an interesting, textured surface that stands in contrast to the smooth, seamless concrete of our vessels. Castings of actual river rocks, our lightweight refractory concrete fire stones look and feel like the real thing while being stable when exposed to high heats. Each set consists of four colours in a variety of shapes and sizes and will not split, spall or fracture. Our fire stones are made exclusively for Solus, by hand in Canada.
Please note that our fire stones are available for purchase with a Solus Fire pit or to clients who already own one. We cannot currently accommodate the volume of individual sales and apologize for any inconvenience.
Standard and Full Sets
- All of our natural gas and propane fire features come standard with lava rock to cover the entire surface and a set of 40 stones which will cover the area around the burner jets and can be used to shape the flames.
- Ethanol models include lava rock to fill the fuel receptacle and a set of 14 fire stones for flame shaping and aesthetics.
- Sets of 80 stones are available for purchase to create full or partial coverings for all of our fire pits. Contact us determine how many bags you require.
- Please note: Burner flames are very hot. Only stones that have been tested and approved for use in high heat environments should be used in Solus fire pits. Untested stones may explode or fracture causing injury or damage.
Refractory concrete river stones add visual interest and functionality. Available for purchase with one of our fire pits and to owners of existing Solus fire features.
- Lava rock to cover the entire burner surface and a set of 40 fire stones comes standard with every natural gas and propane firepit.
- Ethanol models come with lava rock to fill the fuel receptacle and a set of 14 fire stones.
- Placing refractory stones over the lava rock around burner jets keeps wet lava rock from jumping or popping as it heats.
- In ethanol models the lava rock and fire stones can be used to lower the fame and reduce fuel consumption.
- As these pieces are hand cast each one has a small flat spot on its back surface which should be turned down during the placement process.
- A thin bed of lava rock is required between the burner plate and the river stones for heat dispersal. Lava rock comes standard with each firepit.
- Lightweight refractory concrete will not spall or crack when exposed to heat.
- Mixture of 4 colours.
- Cast from actual river stones exclusively for Solus.
Full beds of Fire Stones
Please contact us to determine how many bags of fire stones you require.
We are thrilled with our beatuful Solus fire pit! It was a pleasure working with this Vancouver company and even better knowing manufacturing is done in Vancouver. The product design is beautiful, the staff is knowledgable and helpful and the end result is that we have, not just a gorgeous source of heat on our deck, but a unique focal point and conversation piece.
Lisa Whistler, BC 2013
We look forward to hearing from you. Sales staff are available to assist you with your project Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10 am -4 pm
- Greater Vancouver: 604 255 2472
- North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-3146
- Europe: 0208 819 1495 (London, UK)
Or begin the process online by filling out the form below. Please complete the following form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.