Does the state of California allow firepits?
Yes! Firepits are allowed in the state of California.
Does San Diego, CA allow firepits?
Yes! ANSI firepits are allowed in San Diego, CA. Firepits must be in an approved container that is no less than 15ft from a structure and they must be attended at all times while burning. If you are burning any other materials than the approved gas, ethanol or butane, then the firepit is not under the same designation, and there may be other fire permits needed. If you are looking for more information, please see links below.
Do firepits require a permit in San Diego, CA?
A permit may or may not be required. Some gas burning decorative fireplaces, fire pits, kilns or barbecues do not require a building or combination permit, but could require a plumbing or electrical permit. Solus firepits re available as both portable and fixed fuel connection; therefore, the Solus firepit will make a great addition to any outdoor living space!
- To see our products, please visit our catalogue page.
- To speak to a sales representative you can contact us here, or call our local San Diego line: 619-639-1231
- For all other inquiries, please visit our Solus Decor website.
- Solus is certified by LabTest in Richmond, BC to ensure all Solus product meets Canadian (CSA) and American (ANSI) standards
- Certification of Conformity – ANSI & CSA Standards
- San Diego Rules and Regulations: City of San Diego
- How to Obtain a Firepit Permit: Information Bulletin 201
- Gas/Plumbing Permit: Information Bulletin 103
- San Diego Fire Department: Contact Us
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm and verify any information found on this page.