Does California state allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits have ANSI approval in California.
Does Sacramento state allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits have ANSI approval in Sacramento.
Does my city require permits for firepits?
ANSI approved firepits may require a permit if there is a fixed gas or propane connection.
Outdoor bonfires and fires that are recreational and are used for aesthetic purposes are permitted in the city of Sacramento. These burns may occur in open pits, indoor and outdoor wood burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, and cooking appliances. If you are looking to install a firepit with a fixed propane or natural gas connection, you may be required to obtain a permit from the City of Sacramento. The Solus firepits are available as both portable and fixed fuel connection.
ANSI approved may not require a permit if they are portable.
If you are looking for a firepit for your residence, but don’t want to obtain a permit, purchasing a firepit in a contained in an approved (ANSI, for example) with a portable connection may be the solution. Therefore, the Solus firepit will make a great addition to any outdoor living space! The Solus firepits are available for shipping worldwide, so check out our other blog posts to determine the fire regulations in your city!
- To see our products, please visit our catalogue page.
- To speak to a sales representative you can contact us here, or call our North America Toll Free line: 1-877-255-3146
- For all other inquiries, please visit our Solus Decor website.
- Solus is certified by LabTest in Richmond, BC to ensure all Solus product meets Canadian (CSA) and American (ANSI) standards
- Certification of Conformity – ANSI & CSA Standards
- City of Sacramento Fire Code: City of Sacramento
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management: Informational Link
- Sacramento Fire Department: Contact Us
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm and verify any information found on this page.