Pictured here: The Solus Hemi 36 fire pit with metal drinks ring.
Does the state of Texas allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits have ANSI approval in Texas.
Does the city of Austin, TX allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits are approved in Austin.
Do firepits require a permit on residential properties?
A permit is not required for a firepit in Austin. As the Solus firepits are ANSI approved, they are considered a “portable outdoor fireplace,” and are approved under the Austin Fire Code. Some gas burning decorative fireplaces, fire pits, kilns or barbecues do not require a building or combination permit, but could require a plumbing or electrical permit. Solus firepits re available as both portable and fixed fuel connection; therefore, the Solus firepit will make a great addition to any outdoor living space!
- To see our products, please visit our catalogue page.
- To speak to a sales representative you can contact us here, or call our North American Toll Free line: 1-877-255-3146.
- For all other inquiries, please visit our Solus Decor website.
- Solus is certified by LabTest in Richmond, BC to ensure all Solus product meets Canadian (CSA) and American (ANSI) standards
- Certification of Conformity – ANSI & CSA Standards
- City of Austin: Contact Us
- Open Burning Fire Code: Portable Outdoor Fireplaces
- City of Austin Fire Department: Contact Us
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm and verify any information found on this page.