Does the state of Washington allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepit has CSA approval in the state of Washington.
Does Seattle, WA allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits have CSA approval on private land in Seattle.
Does Seattle require a permit for firepits?
If you are putting your firepit on a residential property, you do not need a permit to use it unless it exceeds 2ft in height and 3ft in width. However, if it does exceed 2ft x 3ft, you may need a permit from both the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, and the Seattle Fire Department. Some permit requirements may also change based on the type of fuel connection you are using, Solus firepits are available as both portable and fixed fuel connection.
A CSA approved portable firepit does not require permits in Seattle
The fire must be contained in an approved (ANSI) outdoor cooking appliance, or outdoor fireplace. All of the Solus firepits meet the ANSI guidelines; therefore, the Solus firepit will make a great addition to any outdoor living space! They are manufactured just north of Seattle, in Vancouver, BC! Furthermore, the Solus firepits are available for shipping worldwide, so check out our other blog posts to determine the fire regulations in your city .
- To see our products, please visit our catalogue page.
- To speak to a sales representative you can contact us here, or call our North America Toll Free line: 1-877-255-3146
- For all other inquiries, please visit our Solus Decor website.
- Solus is certified by LabTest in Richmond, BC to ensure all Solus product meets Canadian (CSA) and American (ANSI) standards
- Certification of Conformity – ANSI & CSA Standards
- City of Seattle Rules and Regulations: City of Seattle
- Permits and Fire Codes: CAM 5022
- Seattle General Safety Requirements: Fire Code
- Seattle Fire Department: Contact Us
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm and verify any information found on this page baltimore home inspectors.