Tiles and Panels
Tiles, panels and slabs by Solus are contemporary cladding mediums that are designed to be adaptable. Each of our large format concrete panels is poured and finished by hand resulting in pieces that are unique. Installed in multiples they create a surface that is organic and substantial with a modern, ‘slightly imperfect’ structure. Available in a ten colours and a range of sizes our concrete panels, tiles and slabs can be configured to suit a wide variety of situations and aesthetics.
All tiles, slabs and panels ship from our Vancouver location.
Solus Concrete tiles and panels are:
- distinguished by their clean, chamfered edges, smooth, lightly undulating surfaces, complex colour and by the variation between pieces.
- We use high performance, fibre re-enforced concrete which is strong, durable and flame resistant.
- Solus tiles, panels and slabs can be installed in and out of doors. With proper care and maintenance they will last as long as the building, developing more surface character over time.
- Most often they are used to either frame a fireplace or act as an accent to a fireplace surround or mantel. But there have been many instances where Solus tiles and panels have been used to accent walls in commercial locations like restaurants, night clubs, wine rooms, bank vaults and professional locker rooms. Solus tiles have a unique look that cannot be achieved with ceramics or other stones.
- Solus has been in the business of producing tiles and slabs for almost 20 years and have thousands of installations around the world. The installation and applications of our tiles and fireplace surrounds can be found on our installation page with print and video available for view.
Tiles and panels due to their hand cast nature organic and unique in a variety of sizes.
Planning and What to Expect
Our concrete panels, tiles and slabs are designed simply to suit a wide variety of situations and aesthetics. Taking the time to plan your layout with care and working with an experienced tile setter are important steps towards achieving a successful installation.
- All of our pieces can be cut to fit on site. Planning the location of cut edges is important as they look different than our factory edges and need to be hidden inside of grout lines. Each of our panels, tiles and slabs comes standard with one good face and 4 finished factory edges.
- Dimensional variation is a natural characteristic of our concrete pieces. You can expect 1/8″ to 3/8″ tolerances from piece to piece. Installation is similar to that of semi gauged stone.
- Installed indoors they will maintain their sheen and will continue to develop depth of colour as they are resealed and touched.
- Used outdoors concrete will weather naturally as exposure to the elements wears away the polished surface to reveal the fine aggregate underneath.
Tiles (depth .625″)
Panels (depth: .75″)
Hearth Slabs (depth: 1.5″)
Great product, efficient service.
We installed Solus concrete tiles as a fireplace surround in our new home. We couldn’t be happier with the product’s clean, modern look. Ordering was easy, delivery was on time, and our tiles arrived safe and sound in protective crating
Gus Szentner and Rob Ellyatt 2014
We look forward to hearing from you. Sales staff are available to assist you with your project Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10 am -4 pm
- Greater Vancouver: 604 255 2472
- North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-3146
- Europe: 0208 819 1495 (London, UK)
Or begin the process online by filling out the form below. Please complete the following form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.