A reworking of our Span surrounds that defies gravity.
Designed for use with wall mounted and widescreen fireplace inserts, the Span Squared is a variation on our original Span surrounds. With the same pared down design and minimal detailing as our standard Spans, Span Squared has a floating quality which works in contrast with the visual weight of the concrete to create a contemporary feeling.
This model is adjustable and comes standard with 4 – 50” headers and 2 – 48” legs which can be cut to size on site. This fireplace surround can also be used in conjunction with our tiles and panels for a variety of applications from built out inserts to full feature walls. Appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
This floating surround frames your fire with polished concrete, adding contemporary style to residential and commercial projects.
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours.
- Additional corner, leg and cross pieces.
Product Details and Care
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building. (link to care)
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.
Customer service and quality are unsurpassed.
Working with Kris and Brad is so easy – they find the right product, walk our customers through all of their options, and , when there is a deficiency they work to fix any items immediately.
Jeremy Miller, Landscape Designer Houston Landscapes, Vancouver BC 2014
We look forward to hearing from you. Sales staff are available to assist you with your project Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10 am -4 pm
- Greater Vancouver: 604 255 2472
- North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-3146
- Europe: 0208 819 1495 (London, UK)
Or begin the process online by filling out the form below. Please complete the following form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.