This stately surround is a reworking of a classic fireplace mantel with contemporary polish.
The Cornice timeless & elegant
Historic form in smooth concrete.
The Cornice is an updated version of a traditional, grand fireplace surround. It’s design is drawn from classic mantels found in historical buildings and modernized by the use of polished concrete in place of stone. With a strong, visual presence Cornice forms the focus in more intimate spaces and provides a compelling, structured design element in larger architectural environments. Used in conjunction
with our tiles, panels and hearths the Cornice can be adapted to many different layouts from simple, stand alone installations to grand feature walls. Additional mantel sections can be purchased to increase the width of the standard opening. As with all of our surrounds, Cornice is appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
Product Details and Care
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building. (link to care)
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.
Looking for professional CAD drawings? See our full portfolio on CAD Details
Ordering, lead Times & Shipping
- Our fire place surrounds are made to order and must cure for 28 days after they are poured before they can be packed and shipped.
- Lead times for all surrounds start at 6 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- Planning your project layout carefully before ordering will contribute to a successful installation.
- All surrounds are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Airfreight by special request.
Please contact us to discuss specific shipping requirements and we will work with you to find a solution.