Deco influence with modern twist
Modern, sophisticated concrete.
Taper is a substantial, contemporary, modular surround with clean geometry and a subtle curve detail. Reminiscent of Deco forms the Taper is rectilinear and modern with a clean, ordered presence. This surround is named for the incline of its front surface which slopes towards the fire opening creating visual depth. The combination of its generous proportions with its narrow profile make it adaptable to rooms of any size.
Taper is designed to be adjustable and comes standard with 5 pieces including 2 corners and 3 straight sections that can be cut to size. Additional straight and corner parts can be added for a picture frame configuration or to increase height and width. This modular surround can also be used in conjunction with our tiles, panels and hearths for a wide variety of design possibilities from built out and corner inserts to striking full wall installations. Appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
A modern, modular fireplace surround that combines clean geometry with smooth concrete, Taper is adaptable, adjustable and sophisticated!
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours.
- Additional corner, leg and cross pieces.
Product Details and Care
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building. (link to care)
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.
Outstanding product / service
Great customer service and the quality of the product was exceptional. A little more pricey than others, but well worth extra dollars
Mike C Canada (2015)
We look forward to hearing from you. Sales staff are available to assist you with your project Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10 am -4 pm
- Greater Vancouver: 604 255 2472
- North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-3146
- Europe: 0208 819 1495 (London, UK)
Or begin the process online by filling out the form below. Please complete the following form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.