A modern take on Craftsman styling.
Fraser is an adaptable modular surround with clean lines and a traditional profile. Its most distinctive feature is the ogee curve which frames the central opening lightening the visual feel of the concrete. The combination of its familiar detailing with its smooth, contemporary concrete finish make the Fraser suitable to a wide range of aesthetic settings.
Designed to be adjustable this surround comes standard with 5 pieces including 2 corners and 3 straight sections that can be cut to size on site. Additional straight and corner parts can be added for a picture frame configuration or to increase height and width.
As with all of our surrounds, Fraser can be used in conjunction with our tiles, panels and hearths to create many different layouts. Appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
Traditional detailing and smooth concrete combine in this versatile, modular surround.
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours.
- Additional corner, leg and cross pieces.
Product Details and Care
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building. (link to care)
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.
Very helpful and professional assistance with selecting a fireplace surround. The material available to review options and colours was very helpful. The showroom and displays were also very helpful. Over the phone we received prompt answers to our questions. Solus facilitated shipping to a very complicated location.
M Dvorak 2013
We look forward to hearing from you. Sales staff are available to assist you with your project Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10 am -4 pm
- Greater Vancouver: 604 255 2472
- North America Toll Free: 1-877-255-3146
- Europe: 0208 819 1495 (London, UK)
Or begin the process online by filling out the form below. Please complete the following form and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.