Pictured here is the Solus Halo Firepit, with Vancouver Skyline in the background. The Solus fire pits come in fixed fuel connection gas and propane fire pits. The fixed connection fire pits will require a permit. However, the portable Solus fire pits will not require a permit.
Does Vancouver, BC allow firepits?
Yes! The Solus firepits have CSA approval in Vancouver, BC.
Does Vancouver, BC require permits for firepits?
CSA approved firepits will require a permit if there is a fixed gas or propane connection.
If you are looking to install a firepit with a fixed propane or natural gas connection, you will be required to obtain a permit from the City of Vancouver. However, you will not require a permit for a decorative portable propane or natural gas burning firepit. The Solus firepits are available as both portable and fixed fuel connection.
CSA approved will not require a permit if they are portable.
If you are looking for a firepit for your residence, but don’t want to obtain a permit, the fire must be portable and “contained in an approved (CSA, for example) outdoor cooking appliance, or outdoor fireplace”. Therefore, the Solus firepit will make a great addition to any outdoor living space, and they are manufactured here in Vancouver, BC! Furthermore, the Solus firepits are available for shipping worldwide, so check out our other blog posts to determine the fire regulations in your city!
- To see our products, please visit our catalogue page.
- To speak to a sales representative you can contact us here, or call our local Vancouver line: 604-255-2472.
- For all other inquiries, please visit our Solus Decor website.
- Solus is certified by LabTest in Richmond, BC to ensure all Solus product meets Canadian (CSA) and American (ANSI) standards
- Certification of Conformity – ANSI & CSA Standards
- City of Vancouver Rules and Regulations: City of Vancouver
- Open Air Fires Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services: Bulletin 2014-001-FI
- Vancouver Fire Department: Contact Us
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm and verify any information found on this page.