A modern, modular fireplace surround that combines clean geometry with smooth concrete, Taper is adaptable, adjustable and sophisticated!
Deco influence with modern twist
Modern, sophisticated concrete.
Taper is a substantial, contemporary, modular surround with clean geometry and a subtle curve detail. Reminiscent of Deco forms the Taper is rectilinear and modern with a clean, ordered presence. This surround is named for the incline of its front surface which slopes towards the fire opening creating visual depth. The combination of its generous proportions with its narrow profile make it adaptable to rooms of any size.
Taper is designed to be adjustable and comes standard with 5 pieces including 2 corners and 3 straight sections that can be cut to size. Additional straight and corner parts can be added for a picture frame configuration or to increase height and width. This modular surround can also be used in conjunction with our tiles, panels and hearths for a wide variety of design possibilities from built out and corner inserts to striking full wall installations. Appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
Product Details and Care
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building. (link to care)
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.
Looking for professional CAD drawings? See our full portfolio on CAD Details
Ordering, lead Times & Shipping
- Our fire place surrounds are made to order and must cure for 28 days after they are poured before they can be packed and shipped.
- Lead times for all surrounds start at 6 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- Planning your project layout carefully before ordering will contribute to a successful installation.
- All surrounds are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Airfreight by special request.
Please contact us to discuss specific shipping requirements and we will work with you to find a solution.