When Solus Decor was approached to help enhance the setting of the Bachelorette Canada for the premier episode… we jumped at the opportunity. Knowing that the series of the Bachelor / Bachelorette is hugely popular and has a solid fan base, we couldn’t resist lending some fire pits for the “one-on-one” conversations. We think you’ll agree that our beautiful 36″ Elevated Halo and 26″ Hemi add to the gorgeous surroundings where the opening night cocktail party was held.
With the help of our Elevated Halo, bachelorette Jasmine Lorimer warmed up to several of the newly introduced bachelors. Not only did the firepit help with the ambience, but no doubt it also helped keep Jasmine warm during the shoot in Vancouver’s chilly climate.
Pictured below, Vancouver’s own Kevin P. chats with Jasmine while enjoying the warmth of our 26″ Hemi.Although you won’t see any more of our fire pits in upcoming episodes, you can enjoy the rest of The Bachelorette Canada on the WNetwork.
Has Solus Decor played a part in “Concrete” connections between Prince William and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau? We like to think so!
We were thrilled to see our own Elevated Halo fire pit warming them up on a recent trip to Vancouver. Prince William met our Olympic and Paralympic Medalists: Canadian Rugby team, Hillary Caldwell (bronze medalist swimmer), as well as Paralympic Athletes Stefan Daniel (runner) and Aurelie Rivard (swimmer)
DIY or Buy?
One of the first questions to arise when planning for a fire pit is, “Should we design and build our own or purchase a turn-key model”?
People often think they can save money by building their own but soon discover the value of the years of experience and research that goes into the creation of a manufactured fire pit.
Building your own fire pit requires that many things be considered:
- Who will do the design and how will the finished product look?
- Will the materials crack or spall when exposed to the heat of the burner flame?
- How much will it cost to create from concept to finished, burning fire pit?
- What type of permits are required in your area to build a gas appliance?
- Can you get the finished fire pit certified for insurance purposes?
- How many BTUs will your burner generate and will the fire create enough warmth (or too much?)
- What will you do if parts fail or if it stops working?
- Will it be safe?
- How easy will it be to operate and maintain?
- What will you do if you need to move it to another location?
For permit, certification and design purposes turn-key models provide many advantages. When you purchase a self contained fire pit made by a reputable company all of these questions have been considered and addressed. You should receive a fully certified unit made from high quality, tested components that has a warranty* on parts and performance: It should be a well designed piece of furniture that has been made with care and enhances your environment.
Turn-key models require:
- A bit of lifting and moving labour to uncrate and put them into place.
- A certified gas fitter to connect any gas lines (ethanol and propane tank fed systems do not require a gas fitter).
- An electrician to run electrical connections if you have purchased an electronic start model.
Essentially you just unpack them, place them, connect them, turn them on and enjoy. If you need to move them it’s a simple matter of disconnecting gas (and electronics for auto start models). Purchasing a turn-key fire pit you will have the confidence that it has been tested for safety and function as a gas burning appliance and that it is warrantied in case anything goes awry. You will also know what the finished product will look like and benefit from years of research and design consideration.